Thursday, January 27, 2011

Loss of words

So today I am at a loss for words, meaning this probably won't be much to read. I won't be doing a "Classic Man" today because I'm too tired to be clever, so I'll do 2 tomorrow to make up.


Instead of trying to entertain, my goal today is to cause self reflection. I've been doing a lot of it lately, it has brought back some very unpleasant  "what if" memories back.....

Why do we do what we do? Why are we who we are? It's a classic debate, nature vs. nurture. Are we ourselves because of our genes or because of our life ezperiences? I don't know. The thoughts now are that it's about half and half. But what if we experience something in our lives so traumatic that it redefines, reprograms who we are? And how do we define what is, in fact, traumatic for each individual? Just some thoughts....

I'll leave you with this:

It wasn't ever supposed to hurt. You weren't ever supposed to cry. And I never dreamed you'd sometimes feel so helpless.

Yet, as things have turned out, lots of folks have trouble getting out of bed on cold, dark mornings.

Anyhow,should there also be the occasional pain, tear, or touch of sadness beyond that, please realize these were anticipated, bargained for, and even sought after. As each would illuminate your resiliency, prove your strength, and help you blast through every flimsy notion that would otherwise keep you from seeing that even now I hold you in the palm of my hand and that all things are possible.

Such a deal,
The Universe

-Fair winds and following seas......

1 comment:

  1. Funny you post about this. "But what if we experience something in our lives so traumatic that it redefines, reprograms who we are? And how do we define what is, in fact, traumatic for each individual?" I started watching a documentary on A&E called Obsessed. It follows the lives of 2 people each episode that have OCD sparking from traumatic experiences within their lifetime. It literally reprogrammed these people into anxiety freaks. Of course, we see it in a different perspective, "why can't they just get over it?" But it is nothing like that. It's beyond their control. The ticks inside of them tell them to do this "certain thing" because of their past, therefore, redefining or reprogramming their lives. It's quite interesting if you're into that type of stuff. (Maybe I need to become a psychologist?)

    ReplyDelete