Wednesday, March 2, 2011

ok so apparently my last post was unsatisfactory

so I'll make this one:
A few thoughts I had today:

1)Is the biological mechanism that gives people headaches and women menstrual cramps the same?

2) I am ever more convinced that wealth isn't in terms of dollars, but in terms of souls touched. I think I figured this out when my grandma died. The wealth of a person is valued in the number of people who's lives you make a difference is. This is a sliding scale, mind you. If you can only make a difference in a few people's lives, but make a HUGE difference, it is equivilent to making a small difference in many people's lives. That give's me a real life motto: Whether billionaire or bum, you can learn something from every person you interact with.

3) Distance is relative. What it is relative to, is the amount of love in your heart for a person. If you love someone with your whole being (a daughter, boyfriend, husband, brother, etc.) a single mile can feel like a million miles. Really, distance works on an a scale of absolute values being that any distance is too far.

4) Sometimes, even if the situation isn't optimal, you gotta suck it up. It is going to hurt, you will be embarrassed, and you may not prove your total worth, but it has to be done.

5) Seeing is believing, but not everyone chooses to see and seeing isn't always done with your eyes.

I think that's about it. Now for Classic Man of the Day:





THE DUKE! CLASSIC AMERICAN MAN! Did a bunch of pro military films during WWII, made A LOT of donations to veteran's charities, also went on tour with the USO to entertain the troops. John Wayne never let being out numbered or out gunned get him down, he rose above it! The point I'm making is The Duke never said "I Can't" or "I don't want to," he just saw what needed to be done, tightened his belt, and got to work. I often wonder if maybe we lived in a less self serving society, we wouldn't be in all the trouble we are in now. If personal pride in one's work, home life, and societal perception mattered at all anymore, we wouldn't have to deal with all the bullshit "what's in it for me" assholes that we do now and the country might be better off. This and Jersey Shore, are also the reason I believe in sterilization during adulthood. If you look, act, talk, and fail to contribute to a society like a shithead, you don't get to repopulate (READ: re-poison) the earth with your seed. Also, on a separate note: Berkley,CA protesters and Code Pink motherfuckers (Google it if you are uninformed) should be able to be shot on site without any repercussions whatsoever. They are fucking morons.

That's all. Hate me if you so choose, everyone else does.

-Fair winds and following seas.....

No comments:

Post a Comment