Saturday, February 12, 2011

Language barriers

Had a question today as I was studying for my test, so I will ask it here:

Does green always mean go?

I'm not just talking about in America,but everywhere. Does verde mean va in Italy? Does.....well that's the only other language I know, so look up "green" and "go" and tell me. Better yet, look up traffic signals for all different countries and tell me if their proceed light is always green.

By the way, did you know that Caribou coffee is NOT the place for peace and quiet when you are trying to study? Nope, it is the place for some asshole to pound something with a hammer (I have no idea what he could have been hammering, but it really didn't wanna go in, whatever it was (double parentheses for a possibly funny text via sexual innuendo if you applied the female gender to "it," "Bill, I tell ya, I was hammerin' her as hard as I could, but I just couldn't get it in there!")), some rich lady to cackle at very loud decibels, for an espresso machine to make as much noise as a jet engine, but not the place for quiet.

Any who, I guess I'm officially on vacation, but I still woke up at 7am and I still have work/taxes to do tomorrow/Monday.

Here's another quote, cause my brain is too floopey (fleupy? maybe in switzerland!) to come up with something to say on my own:


Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.
Chinese Proverb

-Fair wind and following seas.....

1 comment:

  1. Try Starbucks or Barnes & Noble.... or just put on your headphones and listen to some soothing music.

    ReplyDelete